Tuesday, May 29, 2012 | By: Unknown

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . At this link you can find all past and future TTT.

This week's topic is: 
Top Ten Five Books Written In The Past 10 Years That I Hope People Are Still Reading In 30 Years

Usually books that are read 30 or so years after they are first published have some sort of ethical, sociological and/or philosophical meaning of some sort. So I'll try to keep that into consideration and avoid naming one simply because: "OMG IT WAS SO GOOD!". If you know what I mean... But yes, I did absolutely loved all the books I mention below. The difference between these and the other ones is in the thought that came after I finished that last page.
  1. Whither by Lauren Destefano: This book has a theme centered around longevity and possibly how it can be taken for granted and because of that some of the most beautiful moments in life might be passed up as plain and ordinary.
  2. XVI by Julia Karr: This one focuses on the media and it's influence of society. It is a true cautionary tale about individuality and being able to think for ourselves. 
  3. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: Another cautionary tale about individuality and how if you aren't as what society deems to be "normal" you are therefore abnormal and become an outcast. 
  4. Divergent by Veronica Roth: This one is yet another book centered on society's impact on our daily lives. This observes the role we all play in life. How each role is crucial and all are important for the other's survival.  
  5. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins: Finally we have a book centering around sins and excess. The impact certain "sins" and excesses can either have a relieving effect or a devastating one.
So that would be it for me! What about you?

6 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

Loved Divergent! It's the only book I've read from your list and the others I'll have to check out.

Karis Jacobstein said...

Great books on this list! I don't know how you managed to keep it to so few though! I was having the opposite issue!

Check out my Top Ten!

Wendy Higgins said...

Wow, this is awesome - thank you for including Sweet Evil!

Jordyn said...

I love love love Shatter Me.

Milda Harris said...

I need to read Divergent! I keep hearing it's great!

Arianne said...

I really want to read these books. I have Fever but haven't read Wither. I have ARC Shatter Me but haven't read it either. I want Divergent! I've never heard of #2. I want to read Sweet Evil too because I liked the review of my favorite blogger :D

Post a Comment

I'd Love to hear what you think! Each comment makes me smile! So go ahead and comment your heart out! :-)